Bacon Tailgate Recipe: Hot Bacon Cheese Dip
Football season means it is time to tailgate, and no gameday is complete without bacon! Here is your bacon tailgating recipe of the week, courtesy of our friends at Gamedayr.com. Hot Bacon Cheese Dip!
Total Time: 1 hour
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
- 1 round loaf of bread, unsliced
- 2 cups (8 oz) Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 1 cup (4 oz) Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup finely diced onion
- 10 bacon slices
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 tsp cajun seasoning
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium pan over medium heat, cook the bacon until crispy.
- Remove bacon and place on a paper towel to drain.
- Meanwhile, using a cerated knife, slice the top quarter off the loaf of bread and set aside. Carefully hollow out the inside, leaving a 1 inch shell. Cube removed bread and set aside for dipping.
- Reserve three slices of the cooked bacon (for step 8). Once cool, crumble the remaining bacon.
- In a large bowl, combine crumbled bacon, cheeses, mayo, onion, garlic, and cajun seasoning; stir until well combined.
- Spoon cheese mixture into bread bowl and place it on a foiled baking sheet.
- Cover dip with the top quarter of the bread and bake for 20 minutes; remove top of bread and continue to bake for another 20 minutes, or until hot and bubbly.
- Remove bread bowl and allow to cool for at least 5 minutes.
- Crumble the remaining three slices of cooked bacon and use to garnish.
- Serve with bread cubes and crackers.
YOU SHOULD LIKE BACON SPORTS ON FACEBOOK HERE
OTHER ARTICLES YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:
- Bacon Tailgate Recipe: Bacon, Sausage, and Cheese Stuffed Bacon Wrapped Jalapenos
- Ever see someone rock an Obama jersey with jorts?
- Enough NFL stats to make your head explode
- Tecmo Super Bowl: the best video game ever
- Your fantasy football draft is like this