Blogs With Balls 7: Snapchat Story & Sports Awesomeness
I just attended Blogs With Balls 7, a sports media conference that was straight balling. I wanted to share with you some of the highlights of what went down so here’s a look at the Snapchat story I put together.
I’ve got to give a big shout out to the Blogs With Balls crew that put this together. The lineup of panels, guest appearances, and overall sports awesomeness was top notch. I highly recommend it for anyone in the sports blog or sports media space as it was a great opportunity to connect with other link minded ballers.
Some of the highlights from Blogs With Balls 7 included:
- Drew Brees kicking off the event with an intro video of him laying on a mattress.
- A live taping of Barstool Sports podcast Pardon My Take.
- Oscar De La Hoya being live streamed in to promote the upcoming Canelo vs Kahn fight.
- Guinness doing a sweet activation where they engraved a Guinness glass for you.
- Open bar. At 9 am.
- The people. Everyone was super personable and receptive to chatting. This is probably the #1 highlight for me as I made a ton of good contacts that I’ll hopefully be able to do business with.
Some of the things that stood out from the panels included:
- If you want to work in sports keep sending pitches. Be consistent with your work and how you approach things on a daily basis. (You can check out the podcast series I created called How To Make It In Sports Media for more insight in how others have done it.)
- Learn as much as you can. Meet as many people as you can.
- You should be on Snapchat right now. The engagement opportunities and the ability to cultivate your personality are through the roof.
If you were at Blog With Balls 7 and want to connect or you are looking for someone to host a sports podcast, create some awesome videos, or you’ve got some ideas you want to bounce around then drop me a line at boom at baconsports.com.No Comments