144: How To Get a Job at Bleacher Report with Dylan MacNamara
Rob Cressy brings on Dylan MacNamara, Director of Talent & Media at Bleacher Report, to talk about the journey of his sports career and how to get a job at Bleacher Report. Dylan gives a ton of actionable advice for anyone looking to make a career of working in sports and no doubt you’ll get a ton of value from this.
In the conversation Dylan MacNamara and I talk about:
- What bold decision did he make that ultimately set him on the path to landing a job at Bleacher Report.
- How did he get his foot in the door at Bleacher Report and what was on his cover letter to the founders of Bleacher Report?
- What actionable things can creators learn and do to stand out and get on Bleacher Report’s radar?
- What is a day in the life is like for the Director of Talent & Media at Bleacher Report?
- What does the future hold for Bleacher Report in terms of original content creation?
At the end we also have the Tampa Bay lightning round where Dylan answers a bevy of sports questions.
Some actionable takeaways from the podcast that stood out to me were:
- Learn the Adobe Creative suite
- Leverage your connections
- The simplest first step you can take towards landing your dream job in sports is to start a sports blog or podcast. Just create and put in the work.
Follow Dylan on Twitter @DylanMacNamara.
You can check out the other conversations from my How To Make It In Sports Media series:
- 6. Zack McRite, 107.7 The Franchise
- 5. Liz Loza, Yahoo Fantasy Sports
- 4. Dan Clasgens, FoxSports 1360, ESPN 1530 & GetSportsInfo.com
- 3. Todd Heyden, Co-Founder of Sports Lock
- 2. Larry Brown, Founder of LarryBrownSports.com
- 1. Jim Weber, Founder of LostLettermen.com
SUBSCRIBE TO THE BACON SPORTS PODCAST!
1. World’s Largest eBay NBA Jerseys Database: Find NBA jerseys on eBay easier. We’ve got over 763 past and present NBA players from 1985 whose jerseys you can buy. If you love basketball jerseys then this is the holy grail!
2. Dream of Working in Sports? We are looking for talented, passionate sports fans that want to be part of Team Bacon Sports and help grow the brand. Having the sports job of your dreams is possible and we want to help make that happen!
3. Follow Bacon Sports on Snapchat: If you are on Snapchat then you need to be following me faster than Antonio Brown can take one to the house.
4. If you dig sports t-shirts then check out our friends at 500 Level. Use promo code BACON and get 10% off any purchase of $17 or more. This is a limited time offer, exclusive only to Bacon Sports listeners.No Comments