172: NFL Week 1 Survivor Pool Picks
The NFL is back which means so is fantasy football, survivor pools, and gambling. Rob Cressy is joined by Tom Hamm on the Bacon Sports podcast as they get you ready for the opening weekend of NFL action by talking about their NFL Week 1 Survivor Pool Picks, their season outlook on each team, plus their picks to win the Super Bowl.
What makes this NFL Week 1 so tough for survivor pools is 11 of 16 games have a spread of 4 points or less. That leaves us with these 5 games to choose from:
- Dolphins @ Seahawks -10.5
- Packers -5 @ Jaguars
- Bears @ Texans -6
- Chargers @ Chiefs – 6.5
- Patriots @ Cardinals -6
Everyone and their brother will be taking the Seahawks because it’s the most obvious pick. As someone who has played in many of NFL survivor pools, sometimes it’s best, especially early on, to not take the most obvious choice. In the event that something wonky happens, 75% of the pool will be out, which would give you a huge boost to your chances of winning it all if you aren’t in that majority.
Rob’s survivor pool pick: Houston Texans
Tom’s survivor pool pick: Houston Texans
The other NFL games on the Week 1 slate include:
- Steelers -3 @ Redskins
- Panthers -3 @ Broncos
- Bengals -2.5 @ Jets
- Rams -2.5 @ 49ers
- Vikings -2 @ Titans
- Browns @ Eagles -4
- Giants @ Cowboys -1
- Lions @ Colts -3.5
- Bills @ Ravens -3
- Bucs @ Falcons -2.5
- Raiders @ Saints -1.5
Rob’s Super Bowl matchup: Steelers over the Seahawks
Tom’s Super Bowl matchup: Packers over the Patriots
- I want to hear from you. Who are you taking in your NFL Week 1 Survivor Pool? Who is your pick to win the Super Bowl? Drop me a line on Twitter @BaconSports or on Snapchat @baconsports and let me know what’s up.
- Check out more of The Bacon Sports podcast here.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE BACON SPORTS PODCAST!
AWESOME SPORTS STUFF!
1. World’s Largest eBay NBA Jerseys Database: Find NBA jersey on eBay easier. We’ve got over 763 past and present NBA players from 1985 whose jerseys you can buy. If you love basketball jerseys then this is the holy grail!
2. Follow Bacon Sports on Snapchat: If you are on Snapchat then you need to be following us faster than Gus Johnson can say, “RISE AND FIRE!!!”
3. Write Funnier: For the last 4 years I’ve studied comedy writing at Second City and from one of the Co-Founders of The Onion. Learn how to become a funnier writer and take your business, career, or blog to the next level. Use promo code BOOM for 23% off at checkout.
4. Sports Marketing Huddle: Say hello to my newest project. A podcast that takes a look at all things marketing in the world of sports!
Jersey Loving Sports Fans Wanted
If you love Tecmo Bowl Bo Jackson, rocking jerseys, and can’t wait for the college football season to get here then sign up for our newsletter.