187: NFL Week 10 Survivor Pool Picks
Who should you take with your NFL Week 10 Survivor Pool pick? This week there are only two real options to choose from: the Cardinals or the Ravens. Rob Cressy is joined by Tom Hamm on the Bacon Sports podcast as they talk about their NFL Week 10 Survivor Pool Picks.
NFL Week 10 is very top heavy for survivor pool picks as 3 of 14 games have a spread of 7.5 points or more. Here are those games:
- 49ers @ Cardinals -14.5
- Why you should take the Cardinals: The Cardinals are coming off a bye and have a +39 point differential on the season (an indicator that they are good.) The 49ers are 0-3 on the road and have a -93 point differential on the season (2nd worst in the NFL.) Going next level, this is likely the only game the rest of the year you’ll take the Cardinals as 5 of their next 7 games are on the road.
- Where could this pick go wrong? Super bad Carson Palmer will have to show up.
- Browns @ Ravens -10
- Why you should take the Ravens: The Browns are the worst team in the NFL and have a legit shot at going 0-16. The Browns have an NFL worst -105 point differential and playing on the road on a Thursday isn’t going to help. I’m not a huge fan of the Ravens this year, but the only other game where you’d consider taking them the rest of the year is in Week 12 at home vs the Dolphins.
- Where could this pick go wrong? The Ravens are old and average. Maybe the short week plays against them as they need that time to recover. The Browns also lead the Ravens 20-0 earlier in the season, yet somehow lost. The Browns have this game and possibly one other to pick up a victory this year. I can see a scenario where Joe Flacco plays like crap and the Browns pull out an ugly win.
- Seahawks @ Patriots -7.5
- Why you should take the Patriots: You shouldn’t. The Seahawks could win this game. But if you must. The Patriots are the best team in the NFL and they are at home.
- Where could this pick go wrong? The Seahawks aren’t perfect, but they are still one of the top 6 teams in the NFL. They certainly haven’t forgotten the Super Bowl loss. Jimmy Graham has come back to life and Russell Wilson finally looked good last week.
Rob’s survivor pool pick: Cardinals
Tom’s survivor pool pick: Ravens
- I want to hear from you. Who are you taking in your NFL Week 10 Survivor Pool? Are there any non-obvious teams you particularly like this week? Which teams do you believe in and which do you have questions about? Drop me a line on Twitter @BaconSports or on Snapchat @baconsports and let me know what you are thinking.
- Check out more of The Bacon Sports podcast here.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE BACON SPORTS PODCAST!
AWESOME SPORTS STUFF!
1. World’s Largest eBay NBA Jerseys Database: Find NBA jersey on eBay easier. We’ve got over 763 past and present NBA players from 1985 whose jerseys you can buy. If you love basketball jerseys then this is the holy grail!
2. Follow Bacon Sports on Snapchat: If you are on Snapchat then you need to be following us faster than Gus Johnson can say, “RISE AND FIRE!!!”
3. Write Funnier: For the last 4 years I’ve studied comedy writing at Second City and from one of the Co-Founders of The Onion. Learn how to become a funnier writer and take your business, career, or blog to the next level. Use promo code BOOM for 23% off at checkout.
4. Sports Marketing Huddle: Say hello to my newest project. A podcast that takes a look at all things marketing in the world of sports!
Jersey Loving Sports Fans Wanted
If you love Tecmo Bowl Bo Jackson, rocking jerseys, and can’t wait for the college football season to get here then sign up for our newsletter.