The number of fantasy football leagues you are in does not equate to how knowledgable of a football fan you are. Sure it helps, but that can only take you so far. I’m here to help make you a more well rounded sports fan and to drop some knowledge on your ass. Here are 20 football stats to take you into the weekend and make you smarter.
College Football Stats
1. Alabama has only lost 3 home games in the past 5 seasons (Auburn & LSU), including Texas A&M. The Crimson Tide were able to enact revenge on the previous 2 the following season.
2. Hawaii QB Colt Brennan holds the mark for highest career completion percentage at 70.4%.
3. Trevor Insley of Nevada holds the record for most yards receiving in a season with 2,060 which he set in 1999.
4. Current Philadelphia Eagles kicker, Alex Henery, holds the record for highest percentage of FGs made in NCAA history going 68 of 76 for 89.5%.
5. The most points scored in a regulation NCAA game by one team is 100 by Houston in a victory over Tulsa in 1968.
6. Former Baylor Bear Daniel Sepulveda holds the record for highest career punting average (min. 250) with 45.2 yards per punt.
7. Texas Tech holds the record for biggest comeback win in a bowl game coming back from a 38-7 deficit to beat Minnesota 41-38 in OT in the 2006 Insight.com Bowl.
8. The Nebraska Cornhuskers hold the record for most consecutive weeks spent in the AP Top 25 with 348 from 1981-2002.
9. Maurice Jones-Drew holds the record for highest average punt return for a season with 28.4 yards in 2005.
10. Former Iowa Hawkeye coach Hayden Fry holds the dubious distinction for having the most losses by a college coach (D-I only) with 178. However, Fry did go a respectable 232-178 for his career.
11. On the other side, Dan Reeves holds the record for most losses by an NFL coach with 165, but going 190-165 over 23 seasons.
12. The Denver Broncos have the best record of any NFL team coming off of a bye week going 18-6.
13. The Dallas Cowboys (88′-89′) and the St. Louis Rams (08′-10′) hold the record for most consecutive home losses with 14.
14. The Seattle Seahawks have the highest winning percentage of any team on Monday Night Football at 69% (18-8).
15. The largest regular season crowd for an NFL game on American soil was 105,121 for a Cowboys vs. Giants game in 2009.
16. The Indianapolis Colts have the best record of any team on Thursday night at 6-0 (not including Thanksgiving games).
17. Kurt Warner was the last player to win the NFL MVP Award and the Super Bowl in the same season in 1999.
18. The Miami Dolphins have the most wins of any team versus the NFC with 98.
19. The Dallas Cowboys have the most wins of any team versus the AFC with 86.
20. The New York Jets hold the record for most first downs in a regulation NFL game with 39 against Miami in 1988.
YOU SHOULD LIKE BACON SPORTS ON FACEBOOK HERE
OTHER ARTICLES YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: