This week we decided to dip into the blue cheese bin and out popped a delicious creamy dip with bacon, onion and mushrooms. Make this bad boy and take your tailgating game to the next level!
Total Time: 1 hour
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
- 6 slices of bacon
- 1 cup (8 oz) sour cream
- 1 cup (8 oz) mayonnaise
- 4 oz crumbled blue cheese
- 1 cup (8 oz) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 red onion, diced
- 8 oz button mushrooms, diced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium pan over medium heat, cook the bacon until crispy.
- Remove bacon from pan and set aside to drain. Once cool, crumble the bacon.
- In the same pan over medium heat, add onions and mushrooms to the bacon grease. Cook until onions are translucent (about 5 minutes).
- In an 8″ X 8″ baking dish, combine bacon, sour cream, mayo, blue cheese, and sautéed onions and mushrooms.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until dip is hot and bubbly.
- Allow to cool for at least 5 minutes. Serve with chips or crackers.
YOU SHOULD LIKE BACON SPORTS ON FACEBOOK HERE
DO YOU LIKE BACON, SPORTS AND BEER?
OTHER ARTICLES YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: