Football season means it is time to tailgate, and no game day is complete without bacon! Here is your bacon tailgating recipe of the week from our friends over at Gamedayr.com: Bacon and Blue Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms.
Total Time: 40 minutes
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
- 7 slices thick-cut bacon
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 4 oz blue cheese
- 24 button mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 clove garlic, minced
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a medium pan over medium heat, cook the bacon until crispy.
- Remove bacon and place on a paper towel to drain. Once cool, crumble the bacon.
- Meanwhile, rinse mushrooms. Remove and discard stems from mushrooms; set caps aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese, blue cheese, onion, garlic and crumbled bacon. Stir until well combined.
- Spoon cheese mixture into mushroom caps (about one tablespoon each).
- Placed mushrooms in a greased 9 X 13 baking dish.
- Bake uncovered for 25 minutes, or until the mushrooms are tender.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes before serving.
YOU SHOULD LIKE BACON SPORTS ON FACEBOOK HERE
OTHER ARTICLES YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: