A cheese ball is the perfect appetizer on gameday, and this one features spicy jalapenos and of course bacon. Serve this easy recipe at your next tailgate and impress your friends.
Total Time: 30 minutes
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 8 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
- 2 jalapeños, stems and seeds removed, diced, divided
- 6 pieces cooked bacon, crumbled, divided (about 6oz)
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans, roasted
- Crackers for serving
- 1. In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, cheddar cheese, cilantro, garlic, cumin, cayenne, lime juice, worcestershire sauce, half of the diced jalapeños and half of the crumbled cooked bacon.
- 2. Stir until well blended; add salt, then taste and adjust seasonings.
- 3. In a medium bowl, combine roasted pecans and remaining diced jalapeños and bacon.
- 4. Spread pecan/jalapeños/bacon mixture on a plate.
- 5. With your hands, roll the cheese mixture into one large ball.
- 6. Place on the plate and roll in the pecan/jalapeños/bacon mix, until covered.
- 7. Chill covered for at least an hour before serving
- 8. Serve cold with crackers.
YOU SHOULD LIKE BACON SPORTS ON FACEBOOK HERE
DO YOU LIKE BACON, SPORTS AND BEER?
OTHER ARTICLES YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: