Football season means it is time to tailgate, and no game day is complete without bacon! Every week during the football season, with help from our friends over at Gamedayr.com, we are going to make your tailgates better by giving you an amazing bacon recipe. It’s time to move on from frozen pizzas and step yo game up! As long as you can read and follow very simple instructions then you’ll have no problem making these recipes.
Here is your bacon tailgating recipe of the week: Bacon, Sausage, and Cheese Stuffed Bacon Wrapped Jalapeños.
Total Time: 1 hour, 10 minutes
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
- 10 jalapeños peppers
- 23 bacon slices
- 20 mini sausages or smokies
- 1 cup cream cheese
- 1 cup grated monterey jack
- 1 tsp cajun seasoning
- 1/4 cup green onion, diced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Slice the jalapeños lengthwise; using a spoon, remove the seeds and membrane.
- Place the jalapeño halves on a cookie sheet lined with aluminum foil.
- In a medium pan over medium heat, cook three slices of bacon until crispy.
- Remove bacon and place on a paper towel to drain. Once cool, crumble the bacon.
- In a small bowl combine cream cheese, monterey jack, cajun seasoning, green onion, and crumbled bacon.
- Fill the hollowed jalapeño halves with the cream cheese mixture.
- Place the mini sausages on top of the cream cheese.
- Wrap each stuffed jalapeño tightly with a piece of bacon. If needed, use a toothpick to secure the bacon.
- Bake for 40 minutes, or until the bacon is browned and crispy.
- Allow at least 10 minutes to cool before serving.
Have a killer bacon recipe that you love to cook up for tailgating? Send it over to email@example.com so that we can share it with the rest of the world.
YOU SHOULD LIKE BACON SPORTS ON FACEBOOK HERE
OTHER ARTICLES YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: