Over the last few weeks I hope that I’ve challenged your sports trivia knowledge and also taught you a few things. This week is no exception.
Where’d they go to college? 2004 NFL Draft edition (this draft was very turdtastic at times).
- Robert Gallery
- Reggie Williams
- Lee Evans
- Michael Clayton
- JP Losman
- Chris Perry
- Kevin Jones
- Tatum Bell
- Devery Henderson
- Nate Kaeding
- Chris Cooley
- Matt Schaub
- Jared Allen
- Mewelde Moore
- Michael Turner
- Wes Welker
Where’d they go to college? 2004 NBA Draft edition (did you know…there were eight players in the first 19 picks selected straight out of High School).
- Josh Childress
- Luke Jackson
- Kris Humphries
- Shaun Livingston
- Tony Allen
- Delonte West
- Lionel Chalmers
- Trevor Ariza
- Devin Harris
- Kevin Martin
- Dominique Wilkins
- Kevin McHale
- Mark Price
- Joe Dumars
- Isiah Thomas
- Hakeem Olajuwon
- Reggie Miller
- Jerry West
- Clyde Drexler
- John Stockton
- Who is the head coach of the Philadelphia 76ers?
- Who is missing from this 1992-93 Chicago Bulls starting lineup: Michael Jordan, Scottie Pippen, Horace Grant, PG – ?, C – ?
- What do these NBA players have in common? Bobby Jackson, Ben Gordon, Jason Terry, Mike Miller, and Jamal Crawford.
- Who is New Jersey Nets Sheldon Williams married to (hint: she is also an athlete)?
- List as many teams as you can that Todd Zeile played for (there are 11, you get one point per team you get correct).
- List as many teams as you can that Jose Canseco played for (there are 7, you get one point per team you get correct).
- Clint Barmes currently plays on which MLB team (hint: it’s the same team as Rod Barajas)?
- How many no hitters did Nolan Ryan throw in his MLB career?
Who am I? I’ll list a series of hints, tell me who this player is. You get bonus points if you figure it out without having to use all of the hints.
- In my third season in the Big Leagues I had a 10.64 ERA which was the highest ever by any pitcher with 50+ innings pitched.
- I have won two Cy Young Awards.
- I threw the second no hitter in MLB post season history.
- I have never won a World Series
- My nickname is “Doc”
- I’ve played for both the Toronto Blue Jays and Philadelphia Phillies
Before I give you the answers I’ll drop this stat on you. In the last 10 years five catchers have caught two or more no hitters. They are Jason Varitek (3, Derek Lowe, Clay Buchholz, John Lester), Carlos Ruiz (2, Roy Halladay both times), AJ Pierzynski (2, Mark Buehrle, Phil Humber), and Miguel Olivo (2, Anibal Sanchez, Ubaldo Jiminez).
Where’d they go to college? 2004 NFL Draft edition.
- Robert Gallery – Iowa Hawkeyes
- Reggie Williams – Washington Huskies
- Lee Evans – Wisconsin Badgers
- Michael Clayton – LSU Tigers
- JP Losman – Tulane Green Wave
- Chris Perry – Michigan Wolverines
- Kevin Jones – Virginia Tech Hokies
- Tatum Bell – Oklahoma St Cowboys
- Devery Henderson – LSU Tigers
- Nate Kaeding – Iowa Hawkeyes
- Chris Cooley – Utah St Aggies
- Matt Schaub – Virginia Cavaliers
- Jared Allen – Idaho St Bengals
- Mewelde Moore – Tulane Green Wave
- Michael Turner – Northern Illinois Huskies (he was drafted in the 5th round)
- Wes Welker – Texas Tech Red Raiders (he went undrafted)
Where’d they go to college? 2004 NBA Draft edition.
- Josh Childress – Stanford Cardinal
- Luke Jackson – Oregon Ducks
- Kris Humphries – Minnesota Golden Gophers
- Shaun Livingston – he went straight from High School.
- Tony Allen – Oklahoma State Cowboys
- Delonte West – Saint Joseph Owls
- Lionel Chalmers – Xavier Musketeers
- Trevor Ariza – Arizona Wildcats
- Devin Harris – Wisconsin Badgers
- Kevin Martin – Western Carolina Catamounts
- Dominique Wilkins – #21
- Kevin McHale – #32
- Mark Price – #25
- Joe Dumars – #4
- Isiah Thomas – #11
- Hakeem Olajuwon – #34
- Reggie Miller – #31
- Jerry West – #44
- Clyde Drexler – #22
- John Stockton – #12
- Doug Collins
- PG – BJ Armstrong, C – Bill Cartwright
- They all won the NBA’s 6th Man Award
- Candice Parker
- Todd Zeile played for the St Louis Cardinals, New York Mets, Texas Rangers, Los Angeles Dodgers, Colorado Rockies, Philadelphia Phillies, Montreal Expos, Chicago Cubs, New York Yankees, Florida Marlins, and Baltimore Orioles
- Jose Canseco played for the Oakland A’s, Texas Rangers, Tampa Bay Devil Rays, Boston Red Sox, New York Yankees, Chicago White Sox, and Toronto Blue Jays.
- Pittsburgh Pirates
Who am I?
You are Roy Halladay.
If you like random sports info like this then check us out on Twitter.