Here are some random thoughts, facts, or knowledge to drop on you.
- This week nine of the Top 10 college football teams were in action. All nine of them covered the spread.
- How many of you had Ben Roethlisberger sitting on your bench this week (me raising my hand)? There’s no way that any of us could have seen him throwing for 5 TD’s (which tied his career high) considering he has only one good foot and an O-Line that is more dishevelled than Chelsea Handler looks. The last time he threw 5 TD’s was in 07′ as the Steelers smoked the Ravens 38-7. That was Mike Tomlin’s first season as head coach.
- True to Columbus Day, apparently the Lions have stolen “Welcome to the Jungle” from the Bengals. Awful job by ESPN on this one. No way this is catching on. Welcome to The Lions Den sounds much better.
- Does Jay Cutler and his so called big arm remind anyone else of Jeff George? Having Dane Sanzenbacher, who is the size of a regular person (5’11”, 180 lbs), was an undrafted free agent, and Man Crush of John Gruden (which is putting it lightly), be third on the team in receptions surely can’t help. He is Rudy if Rudy played wide receiver and slept with John Gruden.
- With the NBA cancelling regular season games does that mean that they’ll be showing Classic WNBA games in their place? There are so many to think of I don’t even know where to start.
- ESPN Insider has an article about “Sleeper BCS Teams” and of course included Notre Dame. If Notre Dame makes a BCS Bowl game I’ll walk to the moon and join a WNBA fantasy league.