Should fan loyalty exist in sports? One school of thought is of course it should. However you were raised or the city you were born in are the teams you should root for and be loyal to. The other school of thought is no, team owners and players often don’t show loyalty to the fans in the name of chasing the all mighty dollar. Rob Cressy is joined by Benjamin Christensen on the Bacon Sports podcast to talk about fan loyalty in sports. This comes on the heels of the Pittsburgh Pirates ownership trading Andrew McCutchen and Gerrit Cole, which prompted Rob to jump ship and start rooting for the Cubs (until a new owner is in place in Pittsburgh.) Feel free to chime in on Facebook with your thoughts as this is certainly a highly debated topic.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE BACON SPORTS PODCAST!
- Check out more of The Bacon Sports podcast here.
- Check out the Top 100 jerseys pictures of Lollapalooza HERE.
AWESOME SPORTS STUFF!
1. World’s Largest eBay NBA Jerseys Database: Find NBA jersey on eBay easier. We’ve got over 763 past and present NBA players from 1985 whose jerseys you can buy. If you love basketball jerseys then this is the holy grail!
2. Follow Bacon Sports on Instagram: If you love sports comedy then you’ll dig how we get down.
3. Sports Marketing Huddle: A podcast that takes a look at all things marketing in the world of sports! We recently dropped a podcast talking about not eating Tide Pods because Gronk said so.
Jersey Loving Sports Fans Wanted
If you love Tecmo Bowl Bo Jackson, sports comedy, and getting down then sign up for our newsletter.