Jim Leyland, 1986 Topps
There have been some truly awful baseball uni’s throughout the ages and the mid-80’s Pirates jerseys were among the most putrid. That hat, good lord that hat. Rumor has it that Bill the Butcher’s hat in Gangs of New York was based on this card. At worst, Jim Leyland could have been in extra in the final battle scene (Personal Note: I thought the Pug Uglies got hosed).
This card also got me to thinking about what could be stashed away in the hat. He could definitely fit at least two Baconators in that thing. Knowing Leyland is a smoker, he was probably hiding a carton of Kool’s up there. Easy access is a must when your closer walks the first batter in the ninth.
OTHER ARTICLES YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:
- Terribly awesome baseball card looks like he’s younger than Eddie Winslow
- Terribly awesome baseball card looks like an extra from Coming to America
- Terribly awesome baseball card. Craig, you high?
- Jake the Snake would be proud of this terribly awesome baseball card
- Terribly awesome baseball cards of the day: Nolan Ryan