This week Bacon Sports trivia is talking Los Angeles sports. Like silicone implants, Starbucks, traffic, and sunny days, sports championships are in great supply in Los Angeles. See where you rank on your Los Angeles sports trivia knowledge.
1. The NFL has been absent in Los Angeles since the end of the 1994 season. During that final year, what RB and NFL All-Pro had the highest number of rushing yards for either of the Los Angeles teams that season?
2. This 2-time All-Star set the Dodgers record for most HRs in a season in 2001. Who is he?
3. What NBA player has appeared in most All-Star games as a Los Angeles Clipper?
4. What NFL Hall of Famer was the first USC RB to win the Heisman Trophy?
5. This pitcher holds the Los Angles Angels of Anaheim/Anaheim Angels/California Angels/Los Angeles Angels record for career strikeouts. Who is this legend?
6. During the time Los Angeles had an NFL team(s), they had one Super Bowl winner in 1983. What Hall of Fame RB was named MVP of that Super Bowl?
7. This player holds the Los Angeles Lakers record for averaging the highest PPG average for a career by a Lakers draft pick. Who is he?
8. What current Dodgers hitter holds the team record for the most strikeouts in a season?
9. What 2 NBA centers are the only UCLA Bruins to be drafted #1 overall in the NBA draft?
10. This 8-time All-Star, who also made a cameo in D2: The Mighty Ducks, is the Los Angeles Kings all-time leading goal scorer. Who is the Hall of Fame left wing?
We could not have had Los Angeles sports trivia without these two legends (answers after the videos):
Had to get some Vin Scully in here…
1. Jerome Bettis 1,025 yards
2. Shawn Green
3. Blake Griffin 4 times
4. O.J. Simpson 1968
5. Nolan Ryan 2,416 K’s
6. Marcus Allen
7. Jerry West (Kobe Bryant was drafted by the Charlotte Hornets)
8. Matt Kemp 170Ks in 2010
9. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (1969) & Bill Walton (1974)
10. Luc Robitaille with 557 goals