Bacon and Nacho Doritos are two of life’s greatest foods and staples of any tailgate. Combine them and you’ve got a taste orgy that can take your football watching experience to a whole new level. Like we do every Friday our friends at BaconToday.com have got a bacon recipe that you can add to your arsenal that’ll have you wondering how you ever lived without it. Say hello to Nacho Doritos Battered Bacon strips.
Nacho Doritos Battered Bacon ingredients:
1 package of thick-cut bacon
1 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup finely crushed Nacho Doritos
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt (substitute sugar for sweet batter)
1 cup milk, beer, or water (I used milk)
1. Line an edged baking sheet with foil. Lay your bacon strips on the sheet, then place in the oven. Heat the over to 375 and cook for about 15 minutes. When done, transfer to paper towel-lined plate to drain excess grease.
2. Heat 2-3 inches worth of oil in a deep fryer or skillet to 350 degrees.
3. In a bowl, mix together flour, Doritos, baking powder, and salt. Mix thoroughly so that the baking powder is evenly distributed. Slowly add in 1 cup of milk. Stir until your batter is smooth.
4. Cut the bacon strips in half, or smaller bites if you’d like, then coat each piece in the batter. Carefully drop it in the hot oil. Cook for about 2-4 minutes, turning over half way through. Place cooked pieces onto a cooling rack or another paper towel-lined plate.
5. Let the taste explosion begin.
We’ve got more awesome bacon tailgating recipes that you can try out. Also, if you are heading out tailgating check out our #takebacktailgating page and send over some pics of you and your crew doing you thing!
Make sure to check out BaconToday.com for an explosion of bacon awesomeness!