There are few things in my life that seriously irritate the hell out of me. Having my DVR full of chick shows is definitely one of them. A lot of you may be afraid to admit it but it happens to the best of us. The lady in our life records all those “guilty pleasure shows” non-stop.
Last night I looked on my DVR for something good to watch because I was feeling those I’m missing hockey and football isn’t here yet blues. What do I find but a whole slew of Real Housewives on Bravo and some HGTV random shows about home decorating. What I was looking for was my hockey porn. I had recorded every game of the Chicago Blackhawks most recent Stanley Cup run. Every time I watch my boys win another game and get closer to Lord Stanley I get excited and it peps my step.
We all have laid in bed with the little lady only to find said recorded shows playing on the tube. We try to avoid watching by reading, playing on the iPad, or trying to close our eyes and calling it a night. Yet for some reason we watch. What are we doing to ourselves? It is a sad day when we know more about the latest cat fight on the Real Housewives of New Jersey than the box score of the New York Yankees versus Boston Red Sox game.
I admit my guilt and ask of you to take my quick quiz to find out just how much you know about the Bravo housewife’s series.
True or False-Housewives of New Jersey
- All the cast mates hate Theresa Giudice.
- Joe Giudice recently fought his brother in law, Joe Gorga.
- Melissa Gorga is smoking hot.
- Name three other areas they record a housewives show?
- Whats the name of the after show host?
- What city is currently airing on Bravo right now?
Here is a great clip from a recent episode of New Jersey
- New York, Beverly Hills, Atlanta, Orange County and Miami.
- Andy Cohen.
- New Jersey.
You may be surprised by the amount of correct answers that you got. Don’t be. It is happening to all of us. Us guys are being overrun by “reality chick” TV thanks to the women in our lives. I ask myself why I watch and try to justify it so I can sleep easy at night.
Bravo blurs all the good parts out of the broadcast leaving little blurry spots that ruin it all. Minimal good fights happen and just when I think it is over for the night, a very eccentric dude comes on with a show recapping what I was just forced to watch. Thanks Andy Cohen.
How many times has our girl fallen asleep while we watch the game? Probably all of them at one point in time. So why don’t we shut the lids and be done? I’ll tell you why. It’s so that we can spend quality time with the misses. Nice excuse, I have used that myself. The real reason we watch is because it’s hot chicks with lots of dough doing different shit. Simple as that. Would we watch ugly chicks that are poor as hell? Of course not.
Kudos to Bravo for finding a nice niche and sucking us all in. Im hooked and I think you are too.
YOU SHOULD LIKE BACON SPORTS ON FACEBOOK HERE
OTHER ARTICLES YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:
- Best jerseys hoopsters rocked at Day 1 of Lollapalooza
- Best jerseys hoopsters rocked at Day 2 of Lollapalooza
- Best jerseys hoopsters rocked at Day 3 of Lollapalooza
- High waisted jean shorts are an epidemic that needs to be stopped
- The NFL Preseason is just like Scrambled Porn
- A Sports Poem: If you don’t root for Tiger Wood, you’re an idiot