What are some of the weirdest and wildest sports injuries that occurred away from the field? Tom Pellegrino and Nick Schwietering honor the birthday of Jason Pierre-Paul with a firecracker of a chat about the cringers, the most and least manly, and the most “hockey” injuries of all-time. Did you know Chuck Norris wears Nolan Ryan pajamas to bed every night? Learn, laugh, and look back with another episode of Epic Week, covering sports birthdays and anniversaries from December 31 through January 6th including Eli Manning, Jameis Winston, Gilbert Arenas, Bobby Hull, David Tyree and more!
0:00-0:22 Intro: Epic Week by Bacon Sports Looks at Sports Birthdays and Anniversaries for the week.
0:23-3:53 Birthday Roll Call: Gilbert Arenas, Bobby Hull, Sam Wyche, Jim “JR” Ross, David Tyree, Norm Charlton
3:54-10:25 Main Event: Jason Pierre-Paul and other weird and wild off the field sports injuries. (Weirdest and Worst: John Smoltz/ Tom Glavine, Chris Hanson/ Jaret Holmes. Most and Least Manly: Nolan Ryan, Jose Cardenal. Most “Hockey”: Glenn Healy/ Joe Sakic.
10:26-12:13 Also Receiving Votes: Jameis Winston, Eli Manning
12:14-13:15 Outro: Sign Off and Led Zeppelin’s Ramble On (Happy Birthday John Paul Jones)
Feedback (We want to hear from you):
- You can connect with Tom Pellegrino on Twitter @BaconSportsTom.
- You can connect with Nick Schwietering on Twitter @sweetscincy and on Instagram Sweetscincy
- What weird and wild sports injury did we miss, let us know in the comments! Did we skip over a Birthday or Anniversary you would have liked to hear covered? We’d love your thoughts and feedback on our conversation so hit us up!
SUBSCRIBE To The Bacon Sports Podcast Network:
CLICK HERE TO GET A FREE COPY of Rob Cressy’s latest eBook titled Podcast Hustle: A Step By Step Guide Of How To Create A Podcast & Grow An Audience. It will show you how easy it is to create a podcast, build new relationships, and increase your awareness.
1. Bacon Sports Content Creation Newsletter – Our newsletter aims to inspire, educate, and provide value to the creator and doer in you that strives for greatness in everything you do!
2. Amazing Book Recommendations – If you are looking for a book recommendation on creativity, entrepreneurship, leadership, or sports then this is for you. I’m an avid reader who has read over 200 books so I’ve got some awesome recommendations.
3. Subscribe to The Sports Marketing Huddle – A podcast that takes a look at the hottest sports marketing topics in bite sized episodes.
4. World Largest eBay Jersey Database – Find any NBA jersey from 1985 until now easily using our jersey database.