After doing an article about ballers with ridiculous verticals and Roy Hibbert doing his thing in the current series versus the Miami Heat, I figured that it was only fitting that I go in the reverse direction. I have assembled here, for my devoted following, five ballers who are hilariously tall. I have put together a mixture of some old school giant men along with some young gargantuan teenagers. Think of these guys as the next Manute Bol, Gheorghe Muresan, and Yao Ming’s of the basketball world.
1. Sim Bhullar– At 7’5” this indo-Canadien baller towers over his competition in his high school hoop mix (towering over competition will be a common theme here). He is currently playing ball at New Mexico State. In his Freshman year, he averaged a pretty solid 10 ppg and 7 rpg.
2. Michael Ri– At 7’9” the North Korean born Ri was once declared the world’s tallest man. He is now 45 and most likely has broken both of his knee caps. In his prime however he seemed pretty spry.
3. Paul Strugess– At 7’8” this baller from the UK goes by the name Tiny. He is currently 25 years old and plays for the Harlem Globetrotters. The school he attended, Mountain State University, sounds like they are in the same conference as Coach’s Minnesota State Screaming Eagles.
4. Mamadou Ndiaye– At 7’5” this Senegalese born high schooler, that’s right high schooler, is definitely the largest kid in his class. He averaged 24 ppg and 14 rpg. It is safe to say that all of those points were most likely in the paint.
5. Kenny George– At 7’8” the former UNC Asheville giant is probably most known for getting dunked on by Tyler Hansbrough, Hansbrough’s only career poster. George is still on the come up after having his foot partially amputated in 2008. After ending his collegiate career he played professionally in the Czech Republic for a while. I’m sure the Czech Republic wasn’t the Chicago born’s first destination but hey, you win some you lose some.
This concludes my tour of very large humans who happen to play basketball. I hope you are sufficiently freaked out.
Matt is interning with us this summer and is the newest addition to the Bacon Sports team. He bleeds the maize and blue, is a sports video game addict, and thinks that Andre Miller and Manu Ginobili would make the greatest backcourt in the NBA. You can follow him on Twitter @Komieyashi.
OTHER ARTICLES YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: