Happy Tuesday Blackhawks and Bruins fans. Being up 2-0, no team in the conference finals have ever come back from that deficit. Looks like an original 6 Stanley Cup Final. And congrats to the whiners on South Beach. You got all the calls and beat the Pacers. Lets get this Cup Check going.
Blowing out the Candles
- Happy birthday Xavier McDaniel, affectionately known as the X-man. A former New York Knick, the X-man was able tot get under the skin of both Scottie Pippen and Michael Jordan. X-man was quite possibly more annoying than the tags on my Hanes undershirt. Thanks Michael for taking those off.
- Happy Birthday Tony Pena. You officially ruined little league for me. I watched you in your catchers stance and thought I could emulate it. Not so good for a ten year old with zero arm strength.
What happened on this day in sports
- On this day in 1964, Sandy Koufax threw his third career no hitter. In 1965 Koufax made headlines for refusing to pitch Game 1 of the World Series because of a conflict with his religious beliefs. And yet the next season was his last due to elbow problems at the age of 30. Coincidence?
- On this day in 1974, Seattle was awarded the Seahawks. Congrats to the city of Seattle, it only took 30 years to get those awesome neon uniforms.
- Half Lemonade – Half Tea, this golfer in 1984 failed to make a tournament for the first time in 32 years. Arnie’s Army was not pleased about this.
Totally Random Awesome Sports Video
I hate to pile on a guy that seems like a genuinely nice guy but Tim Tebow’s camp recently admitted that their is a very good chance Tim will not play in the NFL this year. Here is the video that made every NFL General Manager cringe.
Sports Trivia- Current Standings Edition (answers below)
With NHL and NBA playoffs in full swing, baseball has taken a back burner. Can you name the leaders of each division, as of today?
- NL West
- AL East
- AL Central
- NL Central
- AL West
- NL East
Two Balls and One Strike
Two of the stats/facts below are true and one of them is completely made up. Which one is not true? (answers at bottom of page)
- The Spurs and Heat have played a total of 51 regular season games against each other. The Spurs lead the series 34-17.
- The Boston Bruins and the Chicago Blackhawks joined the NHL in 1924.
- The least amount of pitches a pitcher can throw in a complete game is 25. (no rain, technicalities or other nonsense. a full, real MLB game)
Guns + Bacon = Tactical Bacon. I approve!
Sports Trivia Answers
- Arizona Diamondbacks
- Boston Red Sox
- Detroit Tigers
- St Louis Cardnials
- Texas Rangers
- Atlanta Braves
Two Balls One Strike Answer
2. The Boston Bruins came into the league in 1924 and the Blackhawks came into the league in 1926.
OTHER ARTICLES YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: