How about them Boston Bruins? Survived two OT’s to down the Pittsburgh Penguins to a 3-0 deficit. Ouch. America’s super stacked team is in a major whole. And lets all get together right now and say lets go Spurs. Does anybody really want the Miami Heat to win?
Blowing out the Candles
- Happy Birthday Niklas Hjalmarrson. He seriously has the biggest balls on the entire Chicago Blackhawks team. The way he blocks shots and can speak Ikea is awesome.
- Cam Neely, happy birthday. Hockey Hall of Famer with the Boston Bruins and more importantly he awesomely played Sea Bass in the movie Dumb and Dumber. “You gonna eat that burger?”
What happened on this day in sports
- On June 6, 1937 the Philadelphia Phillies were trailing the St Louis Cardinals 8-2 and forfeited the game. Seems like pretty sounds advice for their hockey neighbors across the state of Pennsylvania. Sorry Sid.
- This day in 1966 the NFL and AFL merged to form the greatest sports league in the history of sports.
- On this day in 1987 the New York Yankees play their 13,000th game. Whoopee.
Totally Random Awesome Sports Video
A small preview of what we will probably see tonight. LeBron James posterizing Mr. Tim Duncan.
Sports Trivia- NBA Finals Edition (answers below)
- In the last 10 years of the NBA finals, the number of times the Finals MVP player was on the Miami Heat or San Antonio Spurs?
- The Sacramento Kings last made the NBA Finals named as what team in 1951?
- This franchise has gone the longest amount of time without ever winning the NBA Finals?
- Which team in the history of the NBA was the second team to win 3 consecutive championships?
- Which NBA team ended the Boston Celtics run of 8 consecutive titles?
Two Balls and One Strike
Two of the stats/facts below are true and one of them is completely made up. Which one is not true? (answers at bottom of page)
- The San Antonio Spurs were the first ABA named team to win an NBA champisonhsip.
- The New York Knicks are the Buffalo Bills of the NBA. They lost 4 consecutive NBA Finals.
- The first NBA player to win a Finals MVP award was Jerry West.
Who the hell can argue right now that bacon literally cant give us everything.
Sports Trivia Answers
- Rochester Monarchs
- Phoenix Suns
- Boston Celtics
- Philadelphia 76ers
Two Balls One Strike Answer
2. The New York Knicks were close to the Bills, but they only lost 3 consecutive Finals.
OTHER ARTICLES YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:
- Jose Canseco Pitching, Carmelo’s big day, and NHL Game 7′s
- Glen Rice laying the lumber to Sarah Palin, the Great One, and The Logo
- Old School T-Mac, Big Fat Bartolo Colon, and a Great Goalie Fight