What’s happened since the last time the Miami Heat lost?
In sports, when a long-standing streak or record is set, the sports world likes to compare and contrast the then and now. For instance, “the last time [insert remarkable sports accomplishment], Ronald Reagan was in the oval office” or “Madonna had the #1 song on the Billboard charts.”
However, I’d argue that our society has significantly shifted since an active streak began. In honor of “EL HEAT” winning their 27th consecutive game last evening, let’s take a look back at the social landscape when this joyous romp started with win #1. Oh, the way we were.
On the afternoon of Sunday, February 3:
– The champions of the 2012-13 NFL season were yet to be decided.
– People thought Florida Gulf Coast University was an online higher education institution.
– Marshall Henderson only pissed off SEC fan bases.
– The country didn’t know who President Obama thought would win the Women’s NCAA Tournament.
– Tiger Woods was “single.”
– Pope Benedict ruled the Vatican.
– Brooklyn Decker was a brunette.
– Justin Timberlake was only on TV three nights a week.
– The Lakers’ season was lost.
– Wes Welker was a New England Patriot.
– People couldn’t get enough of Psy. Who’s that, you ask? Geez, how we so quickly forget. He gave us [read: tortured us] with Gangnam Style.
– Americans didn’t know that people played baseball in the Netherlands.
– The Chicago Blackhawks were nine games into a shortened NHL season and hadn’t lost in regulation.
Anything stand out that we missed? Holla at us in the comments.
OTHER ARTICLES YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:
- 3 great videos about Florida Gulf Coast that’ll make you want to attend.
- March Madness Infects Harvard Campus – Med Students working on a vaccine
- Creating a Hard Knocks style behind the scenes TV show about the March Madness selection process