What are some of your favorite sports nicknames? This week Tom and Nick celebrate the birthdays of some great athletes with even better sports nicknames! Tune in to another episode of the Epic Week podcast covering Sports Birthdays and Anniversaries February 18th through 24th, including Charles Barkley, Andrei Kirilenko, Stephon Marbury, Julius Erving, Charles Tillman, Sparky Anderson, Honus Wagner, Claude Makelele Le’Veon Bell, Justin Verlander, Bobby Bonilla, Bronson Arroyo, Floyd Mayweather, and more!
0:00-1:22 Intro: Welcome to Epic Week by Bacon Sports. I’m 3rd Grade Girls Assistant Basketball Coach Tom Pellegrino along with my podcast tag-team partner and Valentine’s Day First Timer slash Survivor Nick Schwietering. Epic Week looks at the sports Birthdays and Anniversaries for a week in sports. This week, we are talking about February 18th through February 24th.
1:23-4:20 Roll Call: Le’Veon Bell, Dave Stewart, Livan Hernandez, Justin Verlander, Bobby Bonilla, Bronson Arroyo, Floyd Mayweather.
4:21-7:34 Why Should I Care: Honus Wagner, Claude Makelele
7:35-19:54 Main Event: This week we are celebrating a lot of great athletes with even better Nicknames! Charles Barkley, Ed “Too Tall” Jones, Andrei Kirilenko, Stephon Marbury, Julius Erving, Charles Tillman, and Sparky Anderson. (We couldn’t resist rating some other athlete nicknames that are not celebrating birthdays this week: Khalil Mack, David Robinson, Hakeem Olajuwon, Catfish Hunter, Clyde Frazier, Clyde Drexler, Randy Johnson, Frank Thomas, Ken Griffey Jr., Babe Ruth, William Perry, Wayne Gretzky, and Allen Iverson)
19:55-20:17 Also Receiving Votes: ANNIVERSARY – 2/22/1959 (60 years ago) – First Daytona 500 auto race!
20:18-21:47 Outro: That’s all for the show today. Please check out Bacon Sports on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram at Bacon Sports. Be sure to subscribe to this podcast and rate us (preferably a recently traded Joe Flacco number of stars 5). Also share this podcast on Social Media, that sports fan you know wants to listen to this podcast. Follow us Twitter @BaconSportsTom, and @SweetsCincy. It is also Dr. Dre’s birthday this week so we are sending you out to Nuthin But A G Thang! Make it an Epic Week.
Feedback (We want to hear from you):
- You can connect with Tom Pellegrino on Twitter @BaconSportsTom.
- You can connect with Nick Schwietering on Twitter @sweetscincy and on Instagram Sweetscincy
- Did we skip over a Birthday or Anniversary you would have liked to hear covered? We’d love your thoughts and feedback on our conversation so hit us up!
SUBSCRIBE To The Bacon Sports Podcast Network:
CLICK HERE TO GET A FREE COPY of Rob Cressy’s latest eBook titled Podcast Hustle: A Step By Step Guide Of How To Create A Podcast & Grow An Audience. It will show you how easy it is to create a podcast, build new relationships, and increase your awareness.
1. Bacon Sports Content Creation Newsletter – Our newsletter aims to inspire, educate, and provide value to the creator and doer in you that strives for greatness in everything you do!
2. Amazing Book Recommendations – If you are looking for a book recommendation on creativity, entrepreneurship, leadership, or sports then this is for you. I’m an avid reader who has read over 200 books so I’ve got some awesome recommendations.
3. Subscribe to The Sports Marketing Huddle – A podcast that takes a look at the hottest sports marketing topics in bite sized episodes.
4. World Largest eBay Jersey Database – Find any NBA jersey from 1985 until now easily using our jersey database.