If you are someone who has always dreamed of working in sports and has that greatness DNA in your body then you’ve come to the right place.
Our goal at Bacon Sports is to build a team of talented people who want to be part of something great. Opportunities include sales, social media, marketing, graphic design, audio & video editing, podcasting, sponsorships, and much more.
Here is the video of the State of the Bacon Address that first appeared on Facebook Live on Thu, Jan 19, 2017 that dishes about what’s going on with Bacon Sports, how you can get involved, and where Cress Media fits in.
You must love sports to be part of Team Bacon Sports. It’s fundamental to who we are and everything we do. We are based out of Chicago but these positions can be done remotely so it doesn’t matter where you live. All that matters is the excellence of what you do.
Some of the roles we have are paid gigs (ones that deal with sales) but most are unpaid. We’ve been bootstrapped since the beginning and are doing everything we can to build this bad boy up to a powerful revenue generating machine where we can have people make a good living and build the awesomest sports man cave office ever.
What we can offer is incredible opportunity, experience, exposure, the ability to be part of something great, and college credit (if applicable.) We will do everything we can to help you succeed and accomplish the goals you’ve set for yourself. This applies both to working with us as well as everything you are looking to do in your career. If you aspire to work in sports media then this certainly is an opportunity to learn a ton, get great experience, and have an impact at the same time.
1. Submit all applications to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line of the role you are interested in plus one random athlete’s name (ex. Jerseys Curator – Manute Bol).
2. We are not interested in your resume or your life story. We want you to be creative, unique, and succinct. Sells us on yourself and why you want to be part of what we are building.
Here’s a list of jobs/roles we are looking to fill. We will be updating this regularly so check back often or bookmark this page.
Bacon Sports opportunities
- Editor in Chief: in 4 years Bacon Sports has seen over 1,000,000 unique visitors. We are looking for someone who wants to be in charge of all editorial content. From managing writers to determining what content will go on the site. You must have a strong attention to detail, familiarity with WordPress, and have a diverse skill set.
- Social Media: take charge of posting of a specific platform
- Bacon Sports Facebook: engage our community with real time content and sports conversation multiple times per day.
- Bacon Sports Instagram: if you love jerseys then this is the gig for you. We are looking for someone to post 3-5 jerseys per day.
- Bacon Sports Twitter: engage in real time sports conversation with our community
- Weekend social media coverage (by platform)
- Graphic Designer: to help create new designs for apparel (tshirts, koozies) as well as graphics for social media.
- Audio or Video Editor: Adobe Audition, Final Cut Pro or equivalent software expertise. Help us edit and post podcasts and/or videos.
- Show Booker (aka reach out and land guests for our podcasts)
- How To Make It In Sports Media: reach out to people who work in sports (writers, on air talent, producers, marketing, etc.)
- Sports Marketing Huddle: reach out to (1) heads of digital & CMO’s at major sports teams or sports brands. (2) Universities, sports marketing professors, college sports marketing groups,
- The Rob Cressy Show: reach out to creators, entrepreneurs, and marketers who do great things.
- Content Creators
- Gifs & Memes
- Using photoshop or graphic design software, create pop culture, sports, TV, movie reference gifs
- Sound drops
- Using audio editing software, create 2-5 second music/hip hop one liners, Pop culture, Sports, TV, Movies reference drops.
- Create Your Own Show
- Stream it on Facebook live and strip the audio to turn it into a podcast
- Length: Ideally 12-17 min long.
- Must have previous experience hosting/writing a show.
- Gifs & Memes
Cress Media opportunities
- Sell the Cress Media digital marketing & content creation services. You’ll reach out to brands and small businesses about how we can help them with their digital marketing.
- Inbound lead generation
- Facebook advertising expert
- Outbound podcast booker: reach out to entrepreneurial and marketing podcasts to get Rob Cressy on their show.