Why aren’t sneakers ever brought up in the argument of who is the GOAT of basketball? Jordans are WAY cooler than Lebrons and Kobes, right? Jokes aside, to celebrate the birthdays of two all-time greats, Michael Jordan and Bill Russell, Tom and Nick give life to a conversation that may be a bit worn out. Tune in for another episode of Epic Week covering Sports Birthdays and Anniversaries from February 11th through 17th, including Robert Griffin III, Randy Moss, Aqib Talib, The Late Eddie Robinson, Gheorghe Muresan, Drew Bledsoe, Jim Kelly, Darrell Green, Jaromir Jagr, Jerome Bettis, John McEnroe, Jim Brown, Rafael Marquez and more!
0:00-1:19 Intro: Welcome to Epic Week by Bacon Sports. I’m HQ Sports Super Bowl Edition Winner Tom Pellegrino along with my podcast tag-team partner and Destination Bachelor Party Survivor Nick Schwietering. Epic Week looks at the sports Birthdays and Anniversaries for a week in sports. This week, we are talking about February 11th through February 17th.
1:20-6:30 Roll Call: Robert Griffin III, Randy Moss, Aqib Talib, The Late Eddie Robinson, Gheorghe Muresan, Drew Bledsoe, Jim Kelly, The Late Woody Hayes, Darrell Green, Jaromir Jagr, Jerome Bettis, John McEnroe, Jim Brown, Bryan Cox.
6:31-9:04 Why Should I Care: Bill Russell, Rafael Marquez.
9:05-15:44 Main Event: Happy Birthday Michael Jordan! We’ve talked about his dunks in the past but had to give a quick recap. Is he the GOAT? Who else is in the convo? Kobe? Lebron? Which jersey from these guys are you rocking? One thing is for sure: Jordan’s sneakers definitely take the title over Lebron’s and especially Kobe’s!
15:45-17:13 Also Receiving Votes: The Original Drew Bledsoe…Wally Pipp! The man who showed up to the ballpark with a headache, took two aspirin, got benched and never saw the field again! Enter Lou Gehrig!
17:14-18:08 Outro: That’s all for the show today. Please check out Bacon Sports on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram at Bacon Sports. Be sure to subscribe to this podcast and rate us (preferably a Brooks Robinson number of stars 5). Follow me on Twitter @BaconSportsTom, and Nick @SweetsCincy. It is also Green Day’s Billie Joe Armstrong’s birthday this week so we are sending you out to American Idiot! Make it an Epic Week!
Feedback (We want to hear from you):
- You can connect with Tom Pellegrino on Twitter @BaconSportsTom.
- You can connect with Nick Schwietering on Twitter @sweetscincy and on Instagram Sweetscincy
- Did we skip over a Birthday or Anniversary you would have liked to hear covered? We’d love your thoughts and feedback on our conversation so hit us up!
SUBSCRIBE To The Bacon Sports Podcast Network:
CLICK HERE TO GET A FREE COPY of Rob Cressy’s latest eBook titled Podcast Hustle: A Step By Step Guide Of How To Create A Podcast & Grow An Audience. It will show you how easy it is to create a podcast, build new relationships, and increase your awareness.
1. Bacon Sports Content Creation Newsletter – Our newsletter aims to inspire, educate, and provide value to the creator and doer in you that strives for greatness in everything you do!
2. Amazing Book Recommendations – If you are looking for a book recommendation on creativity, entrepreneurship, leadership, or sports then this is for you. I’m an avid reader who has read over 200 books so I’ve got some awesome recommendations.
3. Subscribe to The Sports Marketing Huddle – A podcast that takes a look at the hottest sports marketing topics in bite sized episodes.
4. World Largest eBay Jersey Database – Find any NBA jersey from 1985 until now easily using our jersey database.