Who should you take with your NFL Week 8 Survivor Pool pick? Unlike past weeks, this week has no obvious game and unfortunately we are going to have to break one of our rules in order to make our picks. Rob Cressy is joined by Tom Hamm on the Bacon Sports podcast as they talk about their NFL Week 8 Survivor Pool Picks.
NFL Week 8 is brutal for survivor pool picks as 4 of 13 games have a spread of 4 points or more. The lowest we’ve seen all season. On top of that we are forced to take a divisional matchup. Here are those games:
- Patriots -6.5 @ Bills
- Why you would take the Patriots: Do you really think that Bill Belichick is going to get swept by Rex Ryan and the Bills this year? I don’t. A win here pretty much locks up the division for the Patriots who have been rolling since Tom Brady got back.
- How could this pick go wrong? One of my rules is to never take a road team. You want to minimize risk as much as possible and you are already starting down 3 points. The Bills play the Patriots frisky and are a better team than we saw early in the season. You know Bills Mafia is gonna be extra sauced up for this one and a victory here would pretty much be the Bills Super Bowl.
- Chargers @ Broncos -6
- Why you would take the Broncos: The Broncos are one of two home teams we are considering and they are coming off a much needed victory. They just lost to the Chargers two weeks ago so you know revenge is on their mind. Plus, the Chargers M.O. this season has been to crap the bed late in games so the Broncos will never be out of it.
- How could this pick go wrong? The Chargers already beat the Broncos and the Broncos are coming off a short week after playing on Monday Night Football. The Chargers have a positive point differential on the season and have a good offense. The Broncos QB situation still scares me as I’m not sold on Trevor Siemian.
- Vikings -5.5 @ Bears
- Why you would take the Vikings: The Bears are one of the four worst teams in the NFL and the Vikings are one of the four best in the NFC. The best unit on the field is the Vikings defense and the Bears offense hasn’t showed us that they can do much will the ball anyways.
- How could this pick go wrong? Once again, I never like taking road teams. The Vikings offense line has not been good and that is not a recipe for success with brittle as a Wheat Thin Sam Bradford under center. The Vikings have no real offensive weapons and are relying on their defense to carry them. Maybe Jay Cutler being back ignites a spark under this Bears team playing on national TV on Monday Night.
- Eagles @ Cowboys -4.5
- Why you would take the Cowboys: The Cowboys are one of the hottest teams in football and are coming off a bye and are at home.The Eagles aren’t as good on the road and Dez Bryant looks like he’s gonna play in this game so that should help as well.
- How could this pick go wrong? The Eagles have won in Dallas in each of the last three seasons. The Eagles defense has been one of the best in the NFL this year and I don’t like taking divisional matchups.
Rob’s survivor pool pick: Patriots
Tom’s survivor pool pick: Patriots
Final Thought: If I have to take a calculated risk in my survivor pool pick I want to feel confident going into the game. I won’t feel dumb for betting on Tom Brady and the Patriots to avoid getting swept by Buffalo.
- I want to hear from you. Who are you taking in your NFL Week 8 Survivor Pool? Are there any non-obvious teams you particularly like this week? Which teams do you believe in and which do you have questions about? Drop me a line on Twitter @BaconSports or on Snapchat @baconsports and let me know what you are thinking.
- Check out more of The Bacon Sports podcast here.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE BACON SPORTS PODCAST!
AWESOME SPORTS STUFF!
1. World’s Largest eBay NBA Jerseys Database: Find NBA jersey on eBay easier. We’ve got over 763 past and present NBA players from 1985 whose jerseys you can buy. If you love basketball jerseys then this is the holy grail!
2. Follow Bacon Sports on Snapchat: If you are on Snapchat then you need to be following us faster than Gus Johnson can say, “RISE AND FIRE!!!”
3. Write Funnier: For the last 4 years I’ve studied comedy writing at Second City and from one of the Co-Founders of The Onion. Learn how to become a funnier writer and take your business, career, or blog to the next level. Use promo code BOOM for 23% off at checkout.
4. Sports Marketing Huddle: Say hello to my newest project. A podcast that takes a look at all things marketing in the world of sports!
Jersey Loving Sports Fans Wanted
If you love Tecmo Bowl Bo Jackson, rocking jerseys, and can’t wait for the college football season to get here then sign up for our newsletter.