How would you define “unmet expectations” as it relates to sports? Tom and Nick break down their definition and toss out a few athletes who didn’t quite live up to the hype. Also on this week’s show a new segment called “Why Should I Care,” where Tom embraces his knowledge of the old school and Nick sneaks in more soccer propaganda. Tune in for another episode of Epic Week covering sports birthdays and anniversaries from Jan 21-27, including Jack Nicklaus, Hakeem Olajuwon, Vince Carter, Jeff Samardzija, Julie Foudy, Wayne Gretzky and more!
0:00-0:25 Intro: Welcome to Epic Week by Bacon Sports. I’m HQ Sports Trivia WWE Edition winner, Tom Pellegrino along with my podcast tag-team partner Nick Schwietering. Epic Week looks at the sports Birthdays and Anniversaries for a week in sports. This week, we are talking about January 21st through January 27th.
0:26-5:42 Roll Call: Jack Nicklaus, Myron Cope, Hakeem Olajuwon, Detlef Schrempf, Rob Dibble, Vince Carter, Wayne Gretzky.
5:43-8:47 New Segment! “Why Should I Care?” Jack Youngblood, Julie Foudy
8:48-16:16 Main Event: “Unmet Expectations!” Greg Oden, Wily Mo Pena, Larry Hughes, Jeff Samardzija.
16:17-17:42 Also Receiving Votes: Cris Collinsworth
17:43-18:37 Outro: That’s all for the show today. Please check out Bacon Sports on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Be sure to subscribe to this podcast and rate us (Robert Horry Lakers Or Spurs jersey number of stars – 5). Follow me on Twitter @BaconSportsTom, and Nick @SweetsCincy. It is also Eddie Van Halen’s birthday this week so we are sending you out to “Jump”
Feedback (We want to hear from you):
- You can connect with Tom Pellegrino on Twitter @BaconSportsTom.
- You can connect with Nick Schwietering on Twitter @sweetscincy and on Instagram Sweetscincy
- Did we skip over a Birthday or Anniversary you would have liked to hear covered? We’d love your thoughts and feedback on our conversation so hit us up!
SUBSCRIBE To The Bacon Sports Podcast Network:
CLICK HERE TO GET A FREE COPY of Rob Cressy’s latest eBook titled Podcast Hustle: A Step By Step Guide Of How To Create A Podcast & Grow An Audience. It will show you how easy it is to create a podcast, build new relationships, and increase your awareness.
1. Bacon Sports Content Creation Newsletter – Our newsletter aims to inspire, educate, and provide value to the creator and doer in you that strives for greatness in everything you do!
2. Amazing Book Recommendations – If you are looking for a book recommendation on creativity, entrepreneurship, leadership, or sports then this is for you. I’m an avid reader who has read over 200 books so I’ve got some awesome recommendations.
3. Subscribe to The Sports Marketing Huddle – A podcast that takes a look at the hottest sports marketing topics in bite sized episodes.
4. World Largest eBay Jersey Database – Find any NBA jersey from 1985 until now easily using our jersey database.