Another weekend is nearly upon us, which means it’s time for another Bacon Tailgate Recipe of the Week. Up this week we have one of America’s favorites foods, a bacon cheeseburger, turned into a delicious dip.
Your life will never be the same after eating this bacon double cheeseburger dip. Enjoy.
Total Time: 1 hour
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 50 minutes
- 1/2 lb ground beef
- 6 strips bacon
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 4 oz cream cheese (room temperature)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar
- 1 tbs worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbs ketchup
- 1 loaf French bread, sliced
- 1/2 tomato, diced
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 2 strips cooked bacon, crumbled
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium pan over medium heat, cook ground beef; set aside and drain grease from pan.
- In same pan, cook bacon until crispy; set aside and drain all but one tablespoon of grease.
- Once bacon has cooled, crumble into large pieces.
- In same pan with bacon grease, cook onions until tender (about 5-7 mins).
- Add garlic and cook until fragrant (about 1 minute).
- Remove from heat and add beef, bacon, and all remaining ingredients back into the pan with the onion and garlic.
- Stir until well blended; transfer mixture into a baking dish.
- Top with additional sprinkle of mozzarella and cheddar, if desired.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until hot and bubbly.
- Allow to cool for at least 5 minutes before serving.
- Garnish with shredded lettuce, diced tomato, and crumbled bacon; serve with sliced French bread.