In my second interview on How To Make It In Sports Media I talk with Larry Brown, Founder and Editor of LarryBrownSports.com, on how he broke into sports media and started his own site. Larry has been in the sports media industry for 14+ years and has gone from blindly knocking on the door of Fox Sports hoping to get an internship to running a successful sports site that’s updated multiple times a day.
In the interview I ask Larry:
- How he got started in the sports media industry and challenges he had to overcome?
- What’s a typical day like for him as a creator/business owner?
- What advice would he give to someone looking to break into the sports media industry or start their own sports website?
- What are some behind the scenes challenges of running a sports website that people might not realize?
- What was going to the Man Cave and interviewing Dan Patrick like?
Here’s an audio only/podcast version:
You can check out the other interviews from my How To Make It In Sports Media interview series:
SUBSCRIBE TO THE BACON SPORTS PODCAST!
1. World’s Largest NBA Jerseys Database: There’s over 763 past and present NBA players from 1985 whose jerseys you can buy. If you love basketball jerseys then this is the holy grail!
2. Dream of Working in Sports? We are looking for talented, passionate sports fans that want to be part of Team Bacon Sports and help grow the brand. Having the sports job of your dreams is possible and we want to help make that happen!
3. 11 Funny Filters to Write Jokes : Write better comedy by learning the fundamentals of joke writing from the Second City Training Center in Chicago.