A huge NFL bust, NBA Draft Trivia, and some Pacers love
Hope everyone enjoyed the first edition yesterday of Midday Cup Check, the new staple of your must read daily content on the world of sports. Please feel free to comment on what you love and what you hate. This is for you the reader, my feelings won’t get hurt.
Blowing Out the Candles
- Happy birthday Brian Campbell. The quick, good puck moving defensive, formerly of 1901 W Madison St. Chicago fans never warmed up to you despite helping the Blackhawks win a cup. Dude won the Lady Byng award for being the
softestmost gentlemanly player in the NHL with the Panthers.
- Charles Rogers, former Detroit Lions first round pick (2nd overall), failed to live up to expectations (to say the least). Too many failed drug tests and off the field arrests and his career was a bigger disappointment than than Reebok’s Dan vs Dave campaign in the 92′ Olympics. What a waste of talent. In case you were wondering, here’s some players that were drafted after Charles Rogers in the 03′ NFL draft: Andre Johnson (3), Terrell Suggs (10), and Troy Polamalu (16).
- Jay Feely, NFL kicker, has been on 5 different teams over the years. He is most known for people thinking that he is AJ Feeley, the journeyman quarterback that is married to the lovely Heather Mitts.
What happened on this day in sports
- 1984 – The Detroit Tigers win an AL record tying 16th straight road game. I would be happy to be out of Detroit too.
- 1992 – The New York Yankees play in their 4th straight extra inning game. Believe me, they get paid enough, they should have to play every game with extra innings to earn what they are worth.
- 1991 – The San Diego Sockers win their 4th consecutive Major Soccer League championship. Wait what? That’s a team and a league?
Totally Random Awesome Sports Video
In honor of Brian Urlachers retirement, take a look at #54 coming right up the middle and crushing Josh Freeman.
Sports Trivia (answers below)
- Who was drafted number two overall after Dwight Howard in the 2004 NBA draft?
- Who was drafted number two overall after Andrew Bogut in the 2005 NBA draft?
- Who was drafted number two overall after Andrea Bargnani in the 2006 NBA draft?
- Who was drafted third overall after Greg Oden and Kevin Durant in the 2007 NBA draft?
- Who was drafted number two overall after Derrick Rose in the 2008 NBA draft?
Two Balls and One Strike
Two of the stats/facts below are true and one of them is completely made up. Which one is not true (answers at bottom of page)?
- Canseco Fieldhouse, where the Pacers play, has a capacity of 26,128 people
- Tyler Hansbrough led UNC his freshman year in scoring with 18.9 points per game
- Ben Hansbrough, Tylers brother, started 0 games for the Pacers in the 2013 regular season.
What time is it? Time to eat more bacon! Thanks for the reminder bacon clock.
Sports Trivia Answers
- Emeka Okafor
- Marvin Williams. Gross.
- LaMarcus Aldridge
- Al Horford
- Michael Beasley. Double Gross.
Two Balls One Strike Answer
#1. The Pacers no longer play at Canseco Field House. The name was changed two years ago to Bankers Life Fieldhouse. Sucker.
OTHER ARTICLES YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:
- Charlie Hustle, Joe Table, and a 105 year old bacon eating woman.
- Pull out your Starter Jackets because the Charlotte Hornets are back!
- Derrick Rose Pickup Artist-ed us all. Mystery would be proud
- 5 videos showing why Andrew Wiggins is such a baller