In this week’s stats page we are fully devoted to the quarterback. The field general is the most important man in football today, and deserves his own stats for the week.
1. The oldest player to ever throw a TD pass in NFL history was George Blanda, who completed a 28 yard TD pass at the age of 47 in 1974.
2. The tallest player to ever play QB in an NFL game was Dan McGwire (brother of admitted ‘roid user Mark), who started 5 games for the Seattle Seahawks from 1992-1994. He was 6’8”.
3. Bernie Kosar holds the record for most consecutive pass attempts (308) without an interception which he set in 1990.
4. Only two QBs have won the Heisman Trophy and a Super Bowl Trophy: Jim Plunkett and Roger Staubach.
5. Steve Young is the current record holder for most rushing TDs in a career by a QB with 43.
6. Randall Cunningham has the record for longest punt by a QB at 91 yards which he did in a game in 1989.
7. The record for most pass attempts per game belongs to Drew Bledsoe, who threw the ball 43.2 times per game in 1994.
8. There have been quite a few QBs taken No. 1 overall, but Jamarcus Russell holds the dubious distinction of having the worst record as a starter at 7-18.
9. Speaking of Drew Bledsoe, he has thrown the most OT TD passes in NFL history with 4.
10. Matt Ryan was the last QB to throw a TD on his first NFL pass attempt completing a 62 yarder to Michael Jenkins in 2008.
1. Purdue University is the college that has produced the most number of NFL QB starts.
2. The University of California – Berkley has produced the most Super Bowl starting QBs with 4: Aaron Rodgers, Craig Morton, Joe Kapp, and Vince Ferragamo.
3. Former Michigan QB Denard Robinson holds the NCAA career record for most rushing yards with 4,495 from 2009-2012.
4. Northern Illinois QB Jordan Lynch is the current record holder for most rushing yards in a season by a QB with 1,815 set in 2012.
5. The most wins by an FBS QB in a career is 50 held by Kellen Moore of Boise St. from 2008-2011. He was 50-3 as a starter.
6. Both Collin Klein of Kansas St. and Ricky Dobbs of Navy have the record for most rushing TD in season with 27, which the each did in 2011 and 2009, respectively.
7. Dominique Davis of East Carolina set the record for most consecutive completions in one game with 26 in a game against Navy in 2011.
8. With a minimum of 1,050 attempts, former Texas Tech QB Graham Harrell has the record for lowest interception percentage by a QB at 1.69%.
9. Even more accurate than Bernie Kosar, Louisiana Tech QB Colby Cameron holds the distinction for most consecutive pass attempts without an interception with 444, which he set from 2011-2012.
10. Florida QB John Reaves had one of the worst games in history throwing a record 9 interceptions in a loss to Auburn in 1969.
BACON, SPORTS, BEER, POP-A-SHOT, NERF GAMES, DJ. THE GREATEST EVENT EVER!
YOU SHOULD LIKE BACON SPORTS ON FACEBOOK HERE
OTHER ARTICLES YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: