Thank you all for your hard work this week keeping the world spinning. For those of you that were on vacation or unemployed and sleeping, the MLB All-Star game is next week and we need to re-establish our mid summer classic knowledge. Without this All Star game, the two teams playing in the World Series would have no idea where they are playing the first game, be completely lost and they would never end up playing the series. Many gamblers would never bet on the game therefore keeping many more families in their homes killing the housing market and on and on. As you can see, this All Star game is very important and we must be brought up to speed with this trivia.
All Star Game MVP’s
- Second baseman for the Texas Rangers wins the MVP award in 2004. Three years later he signs one of the biggest free agent contracts and completely sucks ass for his new team for many more years to come.
- Four players have won the MVP award more than once. Name two of them.
- Three players have won the MVP with the suffix Jr. after their name. Who you got?
- Name the only father/son All Star games MVP combo.
- The last pitcher to win the All Star game MVP was this player in 1999 while playing for the Boston Red Sox.
- The first ever All Star game was held on July 6, 1933 and Babe Ruth hit the first ever All Star game home run.
- In a three year period, two All Star games were played each year.
- Each team has a 30 player roster.
- This years All-Star game is the 80th edition.
- The 2002 MLB All Star game ended in a 7-7 tie.
I’ll give you the answers after this lovely video of Ms. Kate Upton donating her assets to the MLB All Star festivities.
- Alfonso Soriano
- Steve Garvey, Willie Mays, Gary Carter, Cal Ripken Jr.
- Ken Griffey Jr. Cal Ripken Jr. and Sandy Alomar, Jr.
- Ken Griffey and Ken Griffey Jr.
- Pedro Martinez
- False, 32 player rosters
- False, with game stoppage due to war and some games being played twice in the same year.
Make sure to check out our Youtube channel, follow us on Twitter @BaconSports and like us on Facebook.
Bacon + Beer + Sports = the Greatest Celebration to ever hit Chicago. Get ready to have your mind blown!
OTHER ARTICLES YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: