What a holiday weekend filled with tons of playoff sports action. I hope all went well for everyone and the weekend was filled with tons of bacon, sports and beer. Without further delay, lets get on to our Midday Cup Check for May 28, 2013.
Blowing out the Candles
- Glen Rice, longtime NBA 3 point stud, is best known for practicing making babies with Sarah Palin back in college during the 1987 Michigan season. Just drop the mic and leave the stage because nothing Rice did in his NBA career is going to top this. Even I would be singing Ray J’s “I hit that first” song if I was Rice.
- Happy birthday Jerry West. You’d think that Glen Rice laying the lumber to Sarah Palin would be the most impressive thing of the day but it’s not thanks to “The Logo”. That’s right, dude is the freaking logo of the NBA. Ball so hard my friend.
- Kirk Gibson, you tough mofo. Famous for his World Series home run on one leg, I like to think of you for having the Diamondbacks in first place in the tough NL West. Nobody in their right mind could have seen your gruff ass turning that hapless franchise around.
- Eugene Robinson, known solely for getting arrested the night before the 1999 Super Bowl for trying to get some head from an undercover cop and the next day giving up an 80 yard TD and helping your team lose the Super Bowl. I hope things have gotten better for him since then.
- Happy Birthday Percy Harvin, I cant keep writing…..the migraines.
What happened on this day in sports
- In 1957 the NL approves the Brooklyn Dodgers & NY Giants move to the West Coast and many New Yorkers have no idea 5 years from now they will have to deal with the Mets. Ouch. Bad Trade.
- In 1968 the NL grants San Diego a baseball team. I am still waiting for the team to hit the field.
- In 1995 the Tigers and White Sox combine for 12 home runs in one game. Ahh, the days of steroids.
Totally Random Awesome Sports Video
Here is some hockey porn to get you ready for the Sharks vs Kings game 7 tonight. The Great One doing his thing for the Los Angeles Kings in the 1993 playoffs.
Sports Trivia- NBA Playoffs Divorce Edition (answers below).
- He is a son of a former NBA player, born in Belgium, drafted 28th overall in the first round of the 2001 NBA draft and is recently divorced.
- Recently his wife filed for divorce and he is the remaining tower standing in the “twin towers”.
- Particpant in what was dubbed one of the longest custody cases in Cook County history, his ex hired a total of over 10 lawyers to help her win. He is also a two time NBA Champion and one of Michael Wilbon’s favorite players.
- Ceasing to be able to live together as husband and wife any longer, the only white guy I know who has won the NBA Slam Dunk Contest.
- The on again, off again divorce of this NBA stud seems to rely on his ability to keep his junk in his pants or not force anyone else’s pants off.
Two Balls and One Strike
Two of the stats/facts below are true and one of them is completely made up. Which one is not true? (answers at bottom of page)
- In the 1995 3 point contest Reggie Miller lost to Glen Rice.
- Alonzo Mourning received a new kidney from a cousin that he had not seen in 25 years.
- Tim Duncan, with 293 blocks in his playoff career, has more than David Robinson in his playoff career.
See, even Candiens love bacon.
Sports Trivia Answers
- Tony Parker
- Tim Duncan
- Dwayne Wade
- Brent Barry
- Kobe Bryant
Two Balls One Strike Answer
3. David Robinson has more career playoff blocks with 312.
OTHER ARTICLES YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: