After 12 weeks of stats, I believe I have covered nearly every football stat known to man. With that being said, I have added in a few gambling trends for college and pro ball this week. Hopefully, all the degenerates can use it to their advantage.
NFL Stats & Trends
1. Through 10 games this season, the Carolina Panthers defense has surrendered only one first half touchdown to all opponents, combined.
2. There have actually been 3 games in NFL history to end with a score of 5-0. The last of which occurred in 1978 in a Bills win over the Bengals.
3. The New England Patriots are 6-0 against the spread (ATS) versus AFC West opponents since 2010. (New England +2.5 vs. Denver)
4. Former Oakland Raider Jack Tatum holds the record for longest fumble return for a TD at 104 yards in 1972.
5. The Jacksonville Jaguars are 1-10 ATS as an underdog of 3.5-9.5 points since 2012. (Jacksonville +9.5 @ Houston)
6. In a standard scoring non-PPR league, Clinton Portis holds the record for most FF points scored in one game with 55, which he set in 2003. In that game against Kansas City, he rushed for 218 yards and 5 TDs along with 36 receiving yards.
7. The Atlanta Falcons are 0-6 ATS as an underdog this season. (Atlanta +9.5 @ New Orleans)
8. The oldest WR to have over 200 yards receiving in one game is Terrell Owens, who accomplished the feat at age 36 for Cincinnati in 2010 when he went for 222 yards in a game against Cleveland.
9. The Tampa Bay Bucs are an astonishing 6-0 ATS while playing in November during the past 2 season. (Tampa Bay +9 @ Detroit)
10. The youngest player to suit up for an NFL game since 1970 was DT Amobi Okoye, who was just 20 years and 98 days old for the Houston Texans in 2007.
College Football Stats & Trends
1. Wisconsin is 9-0 ATS in all games this season. (Wisconsin -15.5 @ Minnesota)
2. The SEC is 78-53-2 all-time against the Big 10.
3. Baylor is 8-1 ATS in all games this season. (Baylor -9.5 @ Oklahoma St.)
4. The SEC has a losing record against only one conference all-time, which is the now-defunct Big East. They were 25-29 all-time.
5. Georgia is 1-8 ATS in all games this season. (Georgia -23.5 vs. Kentucky)
6. Northwestern holds the record for most losses for an NCAA FBS program at 593. Indiana is only 4 behind at 589.
7. Houston is 9-1 ATS in all games this season. (Houston -3.5 vs. Cincinnati)
8. Florida St. has the record for scoring the most PPG by any NCAA FBS program at 27.6. (min. 350 games)
9. UNLV holds the record for most PPG given up per game at 31. (min. 350 games)
OTHER ARTICLES YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: