Happy Friday. The weekend is almost here and we are all a few hours away from going all Patrick Kane and Bob Huggins on some booze and babes. Lets get into the final Cup Check of the week.
Blowing out the Candles
- Nate Robinson will blow out the candles, if he can reach them. Who am I kidding? This man won the Slam Dunk Contest two times and is about to get hella paid.
- Happy Birthday Joe Namath. Since it is his special day, I wonder if he will get that kiss from Suzy Kolber.
- Blow em out Jordy Nelson. Why do I always get him confused with Wes Welker, Ricky Proehl, Wayne Chrebet, and Danny Amendola?
- Jake Peavy, it’s your turn to blow out the candles and stay in the rotation.
- Ageless wonder, Kenny Lofton happy birthday. He had such a great career with so many teams, most memorably the Arizona Men’s Basketball team.
What happened on this day in sports
- The New Orleans Saints are sold on this day in 1985 for $70,204,000. I feel that’s a fair price considering the Sacramento Kings just sold for $535 million.
- The New Jersey Nets defeated the Boston Celtics to advance to their first NBA Finals championship. Hopefully New Jersey enjoyed while it happened because they will never see that happen again.
Totally Random Awesome Sports Video
Here is birthday boy Nate Robinson going dunk for dunk against Dwight Howard.
Sports Trivia- Designated Hitter Edition (answers below)
- Current DH of the East Coast Sox, from the Dominican.
- DH for the Cleveland Indians who’s less talented brother is infamous for being involved in one of the most spectacular Derek Jeter plays ever.
- Lost his catching position with the Detroit Tigers due to missing a year because of injury.
- DH for the AL Central Twins and former Pittsburgh Pirate.
- Former Cleveland Indian, this Yankee DH used to have his own candy bar.
Two Balls and One Strike
Two of the stats/facts below are true and one of them is completely made up. Which one is not true? (answers at bottom of page)
- Babe Ruth had 123 stolen bases in his career.
- In baseball a Bronx cheer is also known as booing.
- Babe Ruth is a member of the 3000 hit club.
The tattoo says enough. Happy Friday.
Sports Trivia Answers
- Big Papi, David Ortiz
- Jason Giambi
- Victor Martinez
- Ryan Doumit
- Travis Hafner
Two Balls One Strike Answer
3. Babe Ruth did not have 3000 hits (only 2873).
OTHER ARTICLES YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: