Earlier last week Pittsburgh Penguins defenseman Deryk Engelland and the Toronto Maple Leafs Colton Orr threw down their gloves in what was the best fight of this young hockey season. For those who did not see it take a gander. It was one for the ages.
In between periods last night Deryk Engelland was interviewed and this is what his black eye looked like four days later. I thought that I was a man because I went to Home Depot once in the last month and threw away my Christmas tree but Engelland takes his dudeness to a whole other level. I’m pretty sure 99.5% of non-hockey players would be on the Mike Hampton-like DL with an injury like this but not Engelland. He was back in the lineup and even logging more minutes today because of an injury to another Penguins defender. The next time you complain about tweeking your back while getting out of bed or turning your ankle while grocery shopping think about WWDED – What Would Deryk Engelland Do?
OTHER ARTICLES YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:
- The first ever Bacon Sports retro Hall of Fame. We want your nominations.
- Which NBA players would make good fighters on Mike Tyson’s Punch-Out?
- Super Bowl Mad Libs with Chris Berman’s Two Minute Drill
- Get thru the Super Bowl with our Harbaugh Brothers drinking game.
- Blue Chips 2.0 – recasting the movie using today’s NBA players.
- Best random jersey sighting of the year: Chris Mills Cavs captured in Brussels.