In my 5th interview on How To Make It In Sports Media I talk with Liz Loza, Fantasy Football analyst for Yahoo Fantasy, Founder of TheFantasyFootballGirl.com and Co-host of the X’s & Y’s Podcast. Liz took her passion of fantasy football and through hustle, building a unique brand, and a DYI learning approach built a career in fantasy football.
In the interview Liz and I talk about:
- How to build a fantasy football career.
- Her journey from starting her own fantasy football website to landing a job at Yahoo Fantasy as a fantasy sports analyst.
- Tips for podcasters and content creators.
- What it takes to stand out in the crowded sports media and fantasy football space and build a unique brand.
- Her improv training at Second City and how it has helped her as a content creator.
- A funny story about an audition to be in a Kid Rock video that involved dancing in a bikini.
- Tips for people who want to become an actor (You can check out Liz’s IMDB page. She’s appeared on the show 24 and is married to an agent.)
At the end we also have a lightning round where Liz answers a bevy of sports questions.
Here’s the podcast:
You can check out the other interviews from my How To Make It In Sports Media interview series:
- 4. Dan Clasgens, FoxSports 1360, ESPN 1530 & GetSportsInfo.com
- 3. Todd Heyden, Co-Founder of Sports Lock
- 2. Larry Brown, Founder of LarryBrownSports.com
- 1. Jim Weber, Founder of LostLettermen.com
SUBSCRIBE TO THE BACON SPORTS PODCAST!
1. World’s Largest NBA Jerseys Database: There’s over 763 past and present NBA players from 1985 whose jerseys you can buy. If you love basketball jerseys then this is the holy grail!
2. Dream of Working in Sports? We are looking for talented, passionate sports fans that want to be part of Team Bacon Sports and help grow the brand. Having the sports job of your dreams is possible and we want to help make that happen!
3. 11 Funny Filters to Write Jokes : Write better comedy by learning the fundamentals of joke writing from the Second City Training Center in Chicago.